Sketchnote Army Podcast: Season 05, Episode 05: Doug Neill
Mike is joined by Doug Neil, former substitute teacher turned sketchnote educator. Hear his journey intro sketchnoting and how uses sketchnoting to teach and clarify ideas, his upcoming sketchnoting courses, and more!
The Sketchnote Workshop. A full-day hands-on training that expands your teams creative thinking. Mike Rohde, the creator of sketchnoting, will guide your team through practical activities to expand their creativity. Email Mike or visit the site.
Subscribe in iTunes
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes and leave a review or rating if you like the show, right here.
- Doug’s origin sketchnote superhero origin story
- Launching a Blog and sketchnoting whatever
- Getting into Sketchnoting events
- Moving to teaching sketchnoting and Verbal to Visual
- Building the platform of Verbal to Visual (and courses)
- The Next Two courses
- BONUS TIP: Change your tool if you feel stagnant
- 3 Tips
- Doug Neill’s Website
- Doug Neill on Twitter
- Sunni Brown’s TED talk
- Doug’s First blog
- Seth Godin Sketchnote
- Doug’s courses
- Austin Kleon “show your work”
- Austin Kleon Episode
- Project based learning
- Build an online course with sketchnotes
- Learn a Language with Sketchnotes
- Doug’s Office Space
- Permapake markers from Sakura
- Neuland Markers
- Sharpie markers
- Pentel Energel 0.7
- Index cards
- Moleskine notebooks
- iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil
- Define what you want to get out of the experience
- Set up constraints for yourself
- Find a way to make it playful!
- Producer: Jon Schiedermayer
- Show Notes: Chris Wilson
Support The Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army and Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s books: The The Sketchnote Handbook or The Sketchnote Workbook and use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!
Past Podcast Seasons
Give us your feedback
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!