Sketchnote Army Podcast: Season 05, Episode 08: Patrick Rhone
In this episode, Mike is joined by Patrick Rhone and things get deep. Patrick has followed sketchnoting since Mike coined the term, and he uses sketchnoting every morning in a very different way. This is the perfect episode for anyone who would love to sketchnote but doesn’t think they can (and it’s a great discussion for the long time Pro too).
The Sketchnote Workshop. A full-day hands-on training that expands your teams creative thinking. Mike Rohde, the creator of sketchnoting, will guide your team through practical activities to expand their creativity. Email Mike or visit the site.
Subscribe in iTunes
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes and leave a review or rating if you like the show, right here.
- Patrick’s sketchnote journey
- A sketchnote travel book
- Meeting different people
- Why do people sketchnote?
- What puts people off sketchnoting and how to overcome that
- One-and-done vs the two-step
- Drawing the same thing again and again
- Playing the long game - slow, steady, and then sudden bursts
- The pilot class of the Sketchnote Workshop
- Sketchnote morning pages and defeating The Resistance
- Find the bird
- 3 Tips
- Get rid of the special
- Patrick’s website
- Patrick’s books
- The Cramped
- The Palm Tipsheet
- Peter Jenkins, A Walk Across America
- “Ideas not Art” stickers and buttons
- Sermon sketchnote group on Facebook
- Morning Pages
- Steven Pressfield
- The War of Art
- Find the bird
- Keep and revisit a notebook with your repeated practice
- Don’t be afraid to keep learning - YouTube is great
- Producer: Jon Schiedermayer
- Show Notes: Chris Wilson
Support The Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army and Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s books: The The Sketchnote Handbook or The Sketchnote Workbook and use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!
Past Podcast Seasons
Give us your feedback
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!