Sketchnote Army Podcast: Season 05, Episode 01: Brandy Agerbeck
Mike is joined by Brandy Agerbeck, author, teacher, and graphic facilitator based in Chicago. Brandy talks about her journey into visual thinking and graphic recording and facilitation, tools she uses and 3 tips for sketchnoters.
SPECIAL: THE AGERBECK METHOD 20% DISCOUNT!
Since recording the episode, Brandy launched a 90-day, comprehensive online course on visual thinking, The Agerbeck Method. She's sharing a 20% discount for Sketchnote Army Podcast listeners at this link.
Listen to the episode right here:
The Sketchnote Workshop. A full-day hands-on training that expands your teams creative thinking. Mike Rohde, the creator of sketchnoting, will guide your team through practical activities to expand their creativity. Email Mike or visit the site.
Subscribe in iTunes
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes and leave a review or rating if you like the show, right here.
- Brandy’s background and how a wannabe biology teacher became a graphic facilitator
- The importance of listening skills
- The three big skills, and 1 key characteristic, of the graphic facilitator
- Brandy’s Writing
- A downside to digital tools
- Whiteboard markers
- Mr. Sketch markers
- Neuland BigOne
- Marker videos she mentioned
- Papermate Flairs
- 24 lb. Poster Bond paper
- Index Cards
- Microsoft Surface (not really for sketching)
- Neuland BigOnes - (nibs are 6mm x 12 mm, not 20mm as she mentioned in the interview)
- A video Brandy shot at Neuland HQ on how to refill the markers
- Papermate Flair Video
- Brandy on Twitter
- Brandy’s site
- Brandy’s event calendar
- Her 3-day signature workshop, The Lab
- MGTaylor’s page about their modeling language
- International Forum of Visual Practitioners
- Brandy’s books
- Permission w/ Pamela Meyer
- The Graphic Facilitator’s Guide
- Drawn Together Through Visual Practice
- The Idea Shapers
- 1997 book on the MGTaylor Process: Leaping the Abyss
- Producer: Jon Schiedermayer
- Show Notes: Chris Wilson
Support The Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army and Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s books: The The Sketchnote Handbook or The Sketchnote Workbook and use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!
Past Podcast Seasons
Give us your feedback
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!