Sketchnote Army Podcast: Season 05, Episode 02: Austin Kleon
This week Mike talks with Austin Kleon, author of Steal Like and Artist, Show Your Work (and a new book on the way) about sketchnoting, visual thinking, the publishing business, and more in this on-location episode at Medici Coffee in Austin, TX.
Listen to the episode right here:
The Sketchnote Workshop. A full-day hands-on training that expands your teams creative thinking. Mike Rohde, the creator of sketchnoting, will guide your team through practical activities to expand their creativity. Email Mike or visit the site.
Subscribe in iTunes
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes and leave a review or rating if you like the show, right here.
- Everyone started a band (just like sketchnoting)
- How Austin got published
- Family trees and Swimming up stream
- The code of good stealing vs. bad stealing
- Returning to daily blogging to counter social media
- Austin’s weekly newsletter
- The process Austin uses to capture ideas
- How Austin creates his books (farming)
- Thoughts as nest eggs that attract ideas
- Why the first mark is the hardest
- Austin Kleon
- Austin’s Newsletter
- Austin on Twitter
- Austin’s latest talk “How to Keep Going”
- Steal Like an Artist T-Shirt
- Harper Colins
- Good Theft
- David Sedaris
- Ryan Holiday
- Robert Greene
- Thoreau’s Annotated Diaries
- The Journal of Thoreau
- Ralph Stedman Painting
- Producer: Jon Schiedermayer
- Show Notes: Chris Wilson
Support The Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army and Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s books: The The Sketchnote Handbook or The Sketchnote Workbook and use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!
Past Podcast Seasons
Give us your feedback
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!