This week I’m joined by Heather Martinez, a graphic recorder and facilitator, and a hand letterer who has skills to spare.
We talk about Heather’s path into visual thinking, and the road trip she took to see the country with her husband, and trailer, Flo, and how it’s impacted her life and work in ways she couldn’t have predicted.
Finally, learn about Heather’s upcoming course, Lettering with the Masters, and some great tools and tips.
Sketchnote Icons T-Shirts and Hoodies! ONLY available at Cotton Bureau and ONLY through December 3rd! Choose Vintage Purple, Indigo or Espresso, or a warm, gray zip hoodie! Don’t miss this chance to order your Sketchnote Icon gear!
Listen to Season 4, Episode 5 of the podcast on SoundCloud:
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES:
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes.
- Heather’s Elevator Pitch
- Similarities and differences between Graphic Recording and Graphic Facilitation
- Graphics design to visual practitioner
- Traveling in a teardrop trailer round the US
- Being a resident artist
- Learning to be comfortable with less
- Lettering with the masters (starting in January 2018)
- Appreciating Typography
- 3 Tips
- Let’s Letter Together
- Heather Martinez’s site
- Ray’s site
- Heather’s Travel Blog
- Heather’s sketchnotes from Studying Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Example of Heather’s digital sketchnoting
- Example of Heather’s visual toolbox
- Example of Heather’s fine art in progress
- Her fine art portfolio
- Tim Hamons
- Christina Merkley videos
- Arts, Letters and Numbers in Averill Park, NY
- Caetani Centre in Vernon, BC
- Elsewhere Studios in Paonia, CO
- Neuland Markers
- Folded pens
- Sign painting brushes
- Brush Pens * Neuland Pinboard Paper * Art Alternatives Spiral bound Sketchbook
- Push your tools to their limits
- Practice with intention (hope is not an action plan)
- Check your spelling
PAST PODCAST SEASON LINKS
Special thanks to Christopher Wilson for the show notes!
Give us advice!
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!