Dana Ladenburger and Carrie Baughcum are two teachers who love sketchnotes, and teaching sketchnoting to their students! In this episode, we talk about how they both came to sketchnotes, how they use them in class and their upcoming workshop at the Illinois Computing Educators Conference.
Listen to Season 3, Episode 3 of the podcast on SoundCloud:
Subscribe on iTunes:
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes:
- Carrie on Twitter
- Carrie on Instagram
- Carrie’s Blog
- Dana on Twitter
- Dana on Instagram
- Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pen
- XL Mix Media Pad, 7"X10" Side Wire
- Mix Media Pad, Side Wire
- Copic Markers
- Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils
- Post It Notes
- White Butcher Paper
- Mr. Sketch Scented Markers
- Sharpie Flip Chart Markers Black
- Sharpie Flip Chart Markers 8 Colors
- Illinois Computing Educators Conference (ICE)
- Wendi Pilars
- BOOK: Visual Note-Taking for Educators
DANA’S 3 TIPS
- Release the fear!
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Be OK with losing a bit of control, teachers!
CARRIE’S 3 TIPS
- Stop being critical of yourself and fearful of your drawings!
- Start small, start with one sketchnoting technique, then build up.
- Draw with your kids, enjoy the energy, fun and smiles in your classroom!
Give us feedback!
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!