Emily Carlton keeps GIRL POWER Season 3 rolling! She’s an independent illustrator, sketchnoter, and designer. Emily and I talk about her background as a designer, illustrator, and sketchnoter, and her jump to independent work.
We also talk about her Drawing and Donuts event organizing, favorite tools and her 3 tips for sketchnoters. Listen in!
Listen to Season 3, Episode 2 of the podcast on SoundCloud:
Subscribe on iTunes:
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes:
- World Sketchnote Day
- Emily on Twitter
- Emily on Instagram
- Emily Carlton Illustration
- The Sketch Effect
- Emily’s Sketchnote Biography
- Emily’s Sketchnote Christmas Letter
- Mathias Jakobsen’s 2016 Annual Report
- Drawing and Donuts
- Viking Pump Roadmap
- Seanwes’ Learn Lettering Course
- Papermate Flair Pens
- Pentel Energel
- Tombow Gray Dual Brush Pens
- Moleskine Sketchbook
- Paper by Fifty-three
EMILY’S 3 TIPS
- Recognizable over perfect! Don’t be discouraged if you can’t draw it perfectly, because a recognizable image works just fine.
- Practice over and over and over! Progress comes in small increments!
- Invest in a good book light! Cover yourself in dark situations.
Give us feedback!
Leave a review on iTunes—that really helps spread the word!